- About Us
- Heat Pumps
- Gas Heating
- Contact Us
Tankless Water Heaters
An endless supply of hot water, whenever you need it—even for multiple tasks at the same time. Tankless Water Heaters revolutionize comfort, energy efficiency and convenience.
Never think about your hot water needs again:
Innovative technology provides an endless supply of hot water whenever and wherever it’s needed – even for simultaneous uses at multiple fixtures. Showers and baths? Absolutely. Laundry and dishes? No problem. Prioritizing activities and scheduling hot water use is a thing of the past.
Save money, splurge on performance.
Designed for efficiency:
Rinnai’s tankless technology features copper heat exchangers to provide maximum efficiency and uses up to 40 percent less energy* than a traditional tank.
By operating only when hot water is needed, and no storage tank to heat and reheat water, our tankless technology helps save on energy and utility costs. The use of an electronic ignition means no standing pilot light that constantly uses energy.
A smart investment:
Increase your home’s value with premium technology, increased energy efficiency, an improved Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Index Score and optimized LEED certification. Available energy efficiency rebates and tax credits offer the opportunity to help make your purchases more affordable.
Rinnai gives you options to right-size your installation and customize your efficiency.
Replace parts, not systems:
Every part of a Rinnai Tankless Water Heater is replaceable. Components can be easily exchanged, if needed, versus replacing the entire system.
Save space with a compact design.
Maximum output, minimum space:
About the size of a small suitcase at 18.5” x 26” x 10” or smaller, these wall-mounted models can be installed on interior or exterior walls and in compact spaces to free up valuable space.
Small size allows for installation in non-traditional spaces such as crawl spaces and attics, making it perfect for use in any size home, including manufactured and modular homes.
Stay green with a sustainable choice.
Our tankless technology achieves maximum energy efficiency, helping to conserve natural resources.
Compact heat exchanger design, longer product lifespan up to twice as long as a traditional tank** and recyclable parts means less waste in landfills.
High standards for low emissions:
Lower CO2emissions contribute to cleaner air and a healthier environment.
- When the need for hot water arises by turning on a shower, washing machine, dishwasher or faucet, cold water enters the Rinnai Tankless Water Heater from the inlet pipe at the bottom of the model. The PC board is then signaled to activate the flame igniter or ignition.
- A combustion fan turns on to allow oxygen into the burner to ignite the flame as the gas control valve opens at a low frequency.Once an adequate flame is present the igniter stops sparking —beginning the next sequence of operation in a matter of seconds.
- Water is heated as it passes through the coils of the copper heat exchanger, and exits from the hot water outlet pipe to travel through the pipes of the home or business to the water fixture where hot water is needed. For Condensing models, the water is preheated as it passes through a secondary stainless steel (latent) heat exchanger, capturing any extra heat (or latent heat) before it escapes into the vent system.
- The gas valve and blower automatically adjust the incoming gas and oxygen to meet the water heating demands. If the demand is small, the Rinnai Tankless Water Heater can use a smaller flame and less gas. If the demand is greater, the flame can expand across the width of the entire burner to heat more water. The tankless water heater adjusts as needed to ensure the temperature set point is maintained. A digital controller allows the user to choose the desired temperature.
- As the hot water fixture shuts off, cold water stops entering the tankless water heater and the flame diminishes. The combustion fan continues to operate at a low speed for a short period of time. This allows the exhaust of any leftover combustion gases in the system.
The Rinnai Ultra Series
THE ULTIMATE IN EFFICIENCY
Delivering our most energy-efficient performance, the Ultra Series features a condensing design with two heat exchangers to maximize heating value to enhance reliability and durability and reduce maintenance.
UNIQUE FEATURES OF ULTRA SERIES
- Energy Factor of up to .96
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Available in five sizes:130,000,152,000, 160,000, 180,000 and 199,000 BTU
- Allows for either Concentric Polypropylene or dual-pipePVC/CPVC venting, providing the most venting flexibility in a single application of any manufacture
- Faster hot water provided by integrated recirculation pump and internal bypass line (RUR models) with or without a dedicated return line
- Easy maintenance is achieved with included isolation valves
Imagine turning on a shower and getting hot water almost immediately. Considering the average family loses precious time and numerous gallons a day waiting for water to heat up, that would be an invaluable change in routine. If you’re tired of standing idly by while time and water go down the drain, Rinnai has five words that are sure to inspire you: Faster Hot Water Is Here!
Bringing Faster Hot Water Home.
Our focus on enhancing homeowners’ lives by changing the way water is heated has created an exciting breakthrough in recirculation that puts faster hot water a turn of the knob away.
Rinnai’s Ultra Series Tankless Water Heater RUR Models use thermal bypass technology that includes an integrated recirculation pump, an internal bypass line inside the model and a thermal bypass valve, and MC-195T 24-Hour Digital Controller provided inside the box to send unlimited hot water wherever and whenever it’s needed, all in one comprehensive solution. By keeping a steady supply of heated water in the supply line during active circulation periods, the RUR makes hot water rapidly available in showers, sinks and appliances such as washing machines and dishwashers.
Wait Less, Waste Less.
Getting hot water faster creates significant benefits above and beyond the convenience of saving time. Recirculation means less water and money down the drain, saving on natural resources and the utility costs related to gas and water usage. And you can save even more energy by programming the 24-hour digital controller that’s included in the box. It enables the scheduling of multiple recirculation events throughout the day to align with usage patterns and ensure hot water is available at the fixtures during peak demand times such as early morning before work and school.
With the typical U.S. home wasting potentially thousands of gallons of water annually waiting for hot water, the RUR’s fast-track delivery system pays off at the faucet and in the budget. And the convenience and comfort of hot water recirculation is an attractive feature that adds resale value to a home.
Adaptable to plumbing systems with or without a dedicated recirculation line, the Ultra Series Tankless Water Heater RUR Models are the only tankless water heaters to feature both Concentric and PVC/CPVC venting options on the same model, offering the ultimate flexibility.
The pleasure of faster hot water is truly at hand. And big water and gas savings are on tap, too. Thanks to Rinnai’s smart recirculation technology, there is less waiting and less waste.